The Konn Kitem Kenna GOA QUIZ 2016
A Quiz all about GOA and GOANS
It was all about Goa and Goans, at THE KONN KITEM KENNA GOA QUIZ organised by Goan Shutterbugs in association with Ravindra Bhavan Margao & BM Web Studio on Sunday 11th September. The Conference Hall of Ravindra Bhavan was filled with over 120 enthusiastic quizzers from all across Goa in teams of two members each, while some of the school students formed teams of three members.
The quiz started with a preliminary 25 questions written round which contained a range of Goa centric question on history, sports, entertainment, politics etc. to select the top six finalist. The finals consisted of 30 questions which the participants could pick from a grid and was played on the infinite bounce format, with five pounces for extra points. While a few question stumped the participants, each correct answered question earned the team 10 points.
At the end of the 30 question Rashola Fernandes & Remedios Fernandes emerged winners with 95 points, pipping Ameya Mardolkar & Harsh Hegde to the second spot by 20 points. In third place were Harshvardhan Bhatkuly & Rajiv D’Silva. In place 4 and 5 were the Sardesai’s Sunil and Prita and Gary Azavedo & Celina Menezes.
The Chief Guest Mr Damodar Naik (Chairman of Ravindra Bhavan, Margao) handed over the prizes and trophies; Rs. 10,000/- to the winners, Rs. 7,000/- to the 1st Runners-up and Rs. 5,000/- to the third placed team.
Ameya Mardolkar also won the prize, a bunch of GBug goodies for identifying the 11 landmarks from the poster
The quiz master was Lynn Barreto Miranda and the quiz audio visual presentation was done by BM Web Studio.
Photos of the event: http://goo.gl/hko69R
The 11 landmarks in The Konn Kitem Kenna GOA QUIZ 2016 poster
First Row, L-R:
1. Ruins of the Church Our Lady of Health at Sancoale
2. Headless Nandi bull carved out of stone at Cotta, Chandor
3. Cross where the first mass in Salcete was celebrated in 1519, next to Shri Mahalasa Narayani’s Temple at Verna
4. Sant Mirabai stone sculpture at Ancestral Goa, Loutolim
5. Memorial for the ‘Father of Goan Nationalism’ Dr Tristao de Braganza Cunha (1891–1958) at Azad Maidan, Panjim
Second Row, L-R:
6. The 10th century Mahadeva Temple relocated from Kurdi Angod near the Salaulim Dam
7. Safa Masjid built in 1560 by the Bijapuri ruler Ibrahim Adil Shah I in Ponda
8. Casa do Povo de Taleigao (Taleigao Panchayat), the painting by Antonio Xavier Trindade is based on the harvest festival
9. Entrance to Shri Gokarn Partgali Jeevottam Math also known as Partgal Math in Canacona taluka
10. Usgalimal / Ponsalimol Rock carvings
11. Corjuem Fort