“WHAT DOES YOUR PET SAY? Photo Contest 2014”
Big Foot Goa (Ancestral Goa, Loutolim) in association with Goan Shutterbugs presents the “WHAT DOES YOUR PET SAY? Photo Contest 2014”
Pets live with us for only some part of our lives, and they spend most of that time waiting for us to come home. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and more so how much closer we become to each other because of them. They say man’s best friend is his dog, or his cat, turtle, iguana, hamster, rabbit, naked mole rat or plank (like Johnny from Ed, Edd and Eddy), truth is, we’re better people because of our pets.
Capture YOUR PET AND YOU – anywhere on earth! UPLOAD / POST the photo to the BIG FOOT GOA Facebook page, (www.facebook.com/bigfootgoa). Get your friends to ‘LIKE’ (that little thumbs up button that saves you the trouble of typing out a comment) your photo. Impress upon them the urgency of the situation (honestly, it is life or death, I would never ask you otherwise) and you stand a chance to WIN prizes worth Rs. 7000/-
Rules and Regulations:
1. The competition is open to all and there is no entry fee. Any type of camera (Cell Phone camera included) may be used.
2. No limit on the numbers of entries you submit to the Facebook page – www.facebook.com/bigfootgoa.
3. Photographs must be in colour only, without any watermark or date on it. Minor editing/cropping allowed.
4. Entries will be judged on the basis of interpreting and expressing the theme, along with the technical and aesthetic quality of the photograph. The decision of the judges appointed by Big Foot Goa & Goan Shutterbugs shall be final and no correspondence will be permitted in this regard.
5. Entries must be the work of the participating photographer. Big Foot Goa & Goan Shutterbugs cannot be held responsible for copyright violation, malpractice, misrepresentation made by any of the entrant/s to this contest.
6. Big Foot Goa & Goan Shutterbugs reserve the rights to the submitted photos and they may use any image for non-commercial purposes, giving due credit to the photographer, for any of its print or online products. No monetary liabilities or payment shall be made in such cases.
7. The competition will run in 4 cycles, spanning a fortnight each. Every fortnight, a photograph selected by a panel of judges, will win a special jury award. The last date for submission of entries for :
Cycle 1 is midnight of 30 May 2014,
Cycle 2 is midnight of 13 June 2014,
Cycle 3 is midnight of 27 June 2014,
Cycle 4 is midnight of 11 July 2014.
On 21 July 2014 the top 2 photographs with the most ‘LIKES’ posted on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/bigfootgoa) will be awarded the first and second prizes respectively. The top 12 ‘most liked’ photographs will be featured in a calendar for the year 2015.